Monday, January 05, 2004

Recapping the madness

Slacker Mode...No you can't see my room. ;P

I'm the one going by the nick of Brokenseals. Currently employed in retail....MEH. I'm a programmer by study and a gamer/natural goof by nature. I'm a Virgo...one comment about what the symbol is and someone is toast. lol. New Yorker born and raised(I do visit the south every now and then)...ever try explaining to someone that your from New York/United States and they keep asking "Ok....so where are your parents, grandparents, etc... from.." Dude..if I knew I'd tell you but as far back as I can tell we're Yankees. heh. I'm a novice in common sense and a fool in street sense. Anime fan to the important, yes all my friends are important. I speak english. I can recognize when you're cursing/making fun of me in Spanish/Spanglish somewhat. I'm trying to learn Japanese.
Ever had that friend that seemed to be in their own world, good hearted but couldn't up from down? Cool then you know me. ^_^;

Back to rant mode. heh.

So....Yeah...I was supposed to make changes. You see this thing came up and....yeah you guessed it, I didn't feel like it. I like having the music in the background, but I guess most people don't, atleast not w/o the ability to cut it off. So I work on that. The comments are working again...I think. I still have to change the style sheet. I've been reading up on PHP recently bought my second PHP book, because for me the first one was crap. Beginning PHP 4, it's ok til you realize that the code that your being shown can't be used on current platforms because of security related changes. I mean if you have the time to use their forums and search the 'net a while for the answer to your question on how to get the old code to work within the new standard. Three weeks of doing that is all I can take before I start throwing things. :)

Being bored and just surfing around techtv's site I stumbled upon their new personals section, so I decided to join. That was sometime last month.

Work related, what a new year. While going to my little banged in/scratched locker I overhear a conversation. My job is in jeopardy...no not the show! XD. Apparently, I'll find out if I along with other people in my department are going to be fired in the coming weeks. I guess I have to put my degree *scoffs* to some use and start looking for something in my field.
"Ever seen a black man blush?" ~ co-worker.
Yeah that just about describes how I felt the other day when, my single status was brought into question.

So while checking out one of my favorite blogs: Anomaly I discover an upcoming blogger event. M'Thinks I shall crash this party.
Big Apple Blogger Bash 2004
Hopefully if things with work and life go ok, I will.

Ja Ne